CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Living the Costco Dream

My story begins in my bed at 5:20 am! im trying to wake up slowly because i have to be to work at 6:30. when my phone starts buzzing! Who has the nerve to be calling at this hour. so i roll over and look at my phone, its Costco. My first thought is don't answer but then i thought i better. I answer, this is how it goes.

Jade- (groggily and slightly irritated) Hello?

BJ- Hey Jade this is BJ from Costco, your opening person called in sick. can you be here in 20 min?!

Jade- .... Uh... yea it will take me 20 min from my house and im in bed so i can be there in a half hour.

BJ- Okay thanks!

Jade- yep. see ya

CLICK!

Only a half hour earlier but... i have never opened alone before, anywho. I arrive at work and the cases for the deli had been cleaned... i don't know how to put them together! DOH! I slowly start figuring it out when Mike comes. (Mike is my new supervisor and hasn't quite got the hang of things!) So im telling mike what to do! so we get going and i check the schedule to see who is coming in next! DOH! its Dakota! another new person who still hasn't got the hang of things. his favorite subjects are working out, how he likes to drink and... oh yea working out! So he gets there im telling my supervisor and Dakota what to do and there is a knock at the deli door. i answer it and its one of the ladies on the floor. She came to tell us that one of our ovens is overflowing with water and there is a puddle on our floor! DOH DOH DOH!!! so i go into check it out and i think by puddle she meant a small lake. it turns out Dakota put the tinfoil on the ovens before they were done cleaning! AHH! FINALLY it was time for me to go home. Im walking to the front and i see Brian he stops to say hi, our conversation goes something like this:
Brian- Hey jade how are ya?
Me- (sarcastically) oh just wonderful!
Brian- Yea just living the Costco dream huh?

Yes Yes i am! just living the Costco dream! DOH!

2 comments:

The Queen Bee said...

Jady, you are def. living the Costco Dream! Live it up baby!

Moto X Mama said...

Jade...It's about damn time G~Friend....You go Girl Live That Costco Dream...yummy I love those $1.50 polish dogs...YUMMY!!!