CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Willkommen in Magdeburg!

After a 24 hour trip for SLC to FRA we have finally arrived in Willys hometown! We have been having alot of fun and have been very busy! Here are some of our highlights!

-Didnt sleep on the flight, I had 2 hours sleep in 37 hours!

-About 12:30 or 1 am every morning here Willy and I are on the hunt for food! Its dinner time back home and even though we ate already we are hungry!

- Driving from Frankfut to Magdeburg (about 3 hours) we passed a truck that had Füherer Gardens on the side! Who knew Hitler was a gardener?!?

- Ate my first real German meal! Provided by Opa Manfred and Oma Doris!

-Visited Der Magdeburger Dom! It was the first gothic cathedral to be built on German soil! it stands 120 meters long and 101 meters tall! This is by far my favorite place!

-Ate my first Döner... I have mixed feelings its good but not AMAZING like Willy and Max promised it would be!

- Everywhere we go and have to order something Willy makes me order myself! So I have orderd in German a few times!

- I know you are all dying to know... There is no Diet Dr. Pepper here! Life Almost came to a halt when... i discovered Coca-cola lite. Its alot better then Diet coke in America!

- This is the second time i have wrote this blog... Willys home computer is old, slow, and like to do tis own thing...
I would add some pictures to show you all this cool stuff, but I have just discoverd... This computer does not like to upload! :) I will try to put some up later but.. no promises that it will work!  

2 comments:

Doreen said...

Could you would you change the color of the letters that you type. I have the dangdest time reading your blog. PS have a der weinerschnitzel for me :)

Norma said...

I am so glad you made it there ok! Now remember, if anyone talks to you in german and you don't understand what they are saying, just answer back, "Da" This works for me in America too! Have fun - Aunt Norma